In the 19th century Ruse was the first town in Bulgaria which acquired a positively European look. It was naturally the first insurance company, called “Bulgaria”, to be established and opened headquarter in the city. The building was designed by Eduard Winter and decorated in 1901 by the Italian artist Medea Giovanni Pigor. Later the building was used as a police office and the decorations were obliterated.
Nowadays the famous monument of architecture is in very poor condition and is totally abandoned. The project aims at vitalization of the building and transforming it into a modern commercial property thus improving the attractiveness of the central city area.
Potential investor Public-private partnership
Priority Axis 1 of OPRD Operation 1.1: “Social Infrastructure”